Sunday, July 31, 2011

Prague-Day Two!

Today was another great morning to spend in the Czech Republic! Unfortunately, we overslept again, but not by too much. We went down to breakfast, all excited that we were going to be getting something like we do at the hotel, but we were sorely disappointed. We were given two pieces of toast, a thing of jam, a thing of butter and a small glass of orange juice. It was funny because I pictures that this what food in jail must be like, but then I realized that they are probably given foods that are more wholesome and filling than this!:


We walked around Prague for a while longer, seeing the sites around the train station, and then got back on the train to make our way back to Monchengladbach!

a sign at our hostel
the view in the morning at our hostel

a cool door :)
the path back to the train station


my fav...mr. ron weasley!

Overall, we had a good ride back to the train station, and on our way back, we stopped for about one minute at a minor train station, and I looked out the window to see that the town was called ROSENBERG, GERMANY!!! Mary and I freaked out and tried to get as many pictures of the sign as possible before the train took off again! It was awesome and definitely made me think of Paul :) We made it back to Monchengladbach and were very hungry! Since barely anything is open on Sunday in Germany, we had to walk for a long time until we could find a place that had food! We got a doner kebob and split it, because it was the last 5 euro that I had, because this trip cost us a little more than we had planned. I ended up with, at the end of the trip going back on base, 77 cents and Mary had 33 cents, so I guess you could say that we planned really well or not good enough. When the bus came to take us back to base, the other girls were on it! They had gone to Roermond, in Holland to go shopping, and coincidentally were on the same bus to go back to base.

this was the bag my sandwich came in
it made me think of one of my favorite people...dawn do'ree :)

here was one of the pictures i managed to get in rosenberg, germany

here is another :)

obviously someone did not catch the european fashion bug

clock tower in monchengladbach at the train station

the cute street that had our restaurant in monchengladbach

No comments:

Post a Comment