Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Space Week Day Two

Today was the second day of camp! It was not as good, but it still worked out in the end. I ate with some of the happier, more well behaved kiddos at lunch because they wanted me to...it feels nice to be wanted by the good campers. It stinks as the director that the first names that I learn of the campers are the naughty ones! We took pictures and did music videos at lunch, which the girls loved, of course. The packed lunch for the day was peanut butter, jelly and butter sandwiches, which weren't all that bad, but the butter didn't really add much to the sandwich. I suppose it was just extra calories (that I needed to make it through the day).

In the afternoon, when one of the moms came to pick up her daughter early, the boys came in from playing football (soccer to us Americans) and one decided that he was a little too hot, so he took his shirt off. Logical, right? This lead five other boys to take their shirts off and run around together, swinging them above their heads...the mom just stood there and stared like the center was a zoo. I just walked up to her and said, "Looks like you are here for one of the most eventful things to happen today!" I thought it was funny, because they are 6 year old boys, but she didn't think so...oh well.

During art, we were making paper mache planets. This project could have definitely gone worse, but it could have gone better as well. We ended up having glue EVERYWHERE and it took hours to clean up afterwards. We are definitely not going to do that again!

As for a workout of the day, we mixed it up again and did the pilates/yoga Insanity, followed by the ab ripper x from P90x. It was quite the workout, and made me equally as sore as I was on Sunday :( I am pretty sure I am going to have trouble bending over to pick things up tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment